Friday, April 12, 2013

Momentum

When a car is in neutral and pushed down a hill, that car builds momentum, or gains speed. Eventually the car stops, or crashes into something but the point is, eventually you lose the momentum. I think this is currently the model of my life. I gain speed, or momentum with life whether it's healthy habits, exercise, prayer life, and then BOOM it's gone, I crashed and lost the momentum. UGH! This is annoying. Not sure if it's a personality thing or what but I realized I've been looking at my life as a time line with intervals filled with "deadlines" and plenty of "to-dos". Honestly, stuff that really is no importance... Instead, I need to be looking at my life in the moment and not constantly focus on what needs to be done in order to enjoy real life (the kind of life that isn't a race). Let's face it, life is STRESSFUL. The question is: how do I handle the stress?



I'm not an anti-planner woman, I do believe there is such thing as healthy planning, implementing healthy deadlines, etc.--Gosh, I love my planner, however when my focus is on "finishing the race" or completing the tasks so I can move forward to enjoy other things in life, I miss the point. I'm not living in that moment. I'm not enjoying God's blessings that He has generously saturated me with in the "rough times".  There is no joy in rushing/stressing things to "get finished." The momentum is lost when life becomes a stressful race. Being a mom can be difficult because it's all about juggling more than four things at once. Have you ever tried juggling? It's HARD!

There is plenty that I need to improve on, but currently, what I have chose to improve is my prayer life. It's the hardest for me to regain the momentum back. I have to kick start the engine and I do it by thanking God in my roughest times. I'm stubborn so sometimes this takes a while, but I at least know how to gain the momentum back! Recognizing the blessings through the rough times is difficult, but it's essential. I think that also would be true for losing the momentum in healthy eating, and exercise, possibly relationships too. Being positive, and thankful in the rough times kick starts the car and rebuilds that momentum. It takes a shift in attitude and some refocusing in the life lens.

What I have to remember: life isn't just about the peaks, and trying to maintain the "highs" but it's also about the valleys and how we regain momentum. Perseverance.

 I'm thankful for God who promises truth and that His grace is sufficient

No comments:

Post a Comment